Scavenger Book Hunt

 

 I saw this scavenger book tag on Zezee with Books blog and I thought it looked like a lot of fun. 

 It was originally created by booktuber The Library of Sarah

 

 Find a book with the letter "Z" in its title or the author's name. 

 It's been awhile since I've read it, but this book was pretty funny. (I haven't seen the movie.)

The Great Brain by John D. Fitzgerald
  

 Find a classic.

 This book is a classic, and the 1995 TV mini series is also.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

 Find the oldest book on your shelves.

 I haven't read this book yet, but it's from 1872.

Real Folks by Mrs. A. D. T. Whitney

  Find a book with a key on its cover.

 I haven't read this book yet, but I have read other Dana Girl books, and they're a lot of fun. 

The Clue of the Rusty Key by Carolyn Keene

 

 Find something on your bookshelves that isn't a book.

 My bookshelves are also where I keep my records and movies and music.

I have other records besides Perry Como, but this is what I have a picture of.

  Find a book with an animal on the cover.

 This book is crazily than the movie, but it's a lot of fun. 

 You can read my review of this book here: One Hundred and One Dalmatians.

One Hundred and One Dalmatians by Dodie Smith

 Find a book with a girl on the cover.

 If you want to read a poorly written version of Pollyanna, this is it.

 You can hear my full review here: Joyous Peggy.

Joyous Peggy by Lillian Grace Copp

 Find a non-YA book.

 This is a very good book of poetry and prose.

 Find a book with stars on its cover.

 This book has the Star of David on the cover.

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

 Find a book with golden letters.

 This is a very good western novel that was turned into a silent movie in 1921. (I haven't seen the movie yet.)

The Sky Pilot by Ralph Connor

 Find a book with a male protagonist.

 This book is a classic children's novel.

Henry and Ribsy by Beverly Cleary

  Find a book with only words on it.

  I haven't read this book yet, but I've read the comic strip and I've watched the movies.

Blondie and Dagwood's Snapshot Clue by Chic Young

 Find a book with illustrations in it.

 This is a very cute children's book with lovely illustrations in it.




 Find a diary (true or fictional). 

 This is a fictional diary during the time of the Johnstown Flood.

Melody of My Heart by Carrie Bender


  Find a book written by someone with a common name (like Smith). 

 I think Johnston is a common name.

 The Little Colonel series is very good, and the first book was turned into a movie with Shirley Temple in 1935.

The Little Colonel's House Party by Annie Fellows Johnston

 Find a book that has a closeup of something on it.

 I think this about as closeup as I have.

Meadow-Brook Girls in the Hills by Janet Aldridge 

  Find a book on your shelf that takes place in the earliest time period. 

 This is a very good book, and it is set during 1769.

The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare

 Find a hardcover book without a jacket.

 This book is a classic.

The Gentle Heritage by Frances E. Crompton

   Find a teal/turquoise colored book.

 This is about as teal/turquoise as I have.

 Why wasn't this book ever turned into a movie? It's a cute story.

Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott

  I've decided to add on another category.

 Find a book with a body of water on the cover.

 This is a very good series, and this book is one of my favorites in the series.

The Outdoor Girls at Ocean View by Laura Lee Hope
 

This was a very fun tag. I'm not tagging anyone, but anyone that would like to do it is welcome to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox