The 12 Days of Christmas Movie Tag

 Hamlette's Soliloquy made this Christmas tag back in 2019, but I just saw it a few months ago, and thought it looked liked a lot of fun to do.

 

The rules are:
#1 Use a different movie for each prompt
#2 Add photos and/or explanations of how your choices fit the prompts
#3 Tag a few friends to play along

 I don't know anybody in particular to tag, so I'm just tagging anybody who wants to play.  

 

1. A Partridge in a Pear Tree -- movie that involves agriculture

 Tammy and the Bacholor (1957) Peter Brent (Leslie Nielsen) tries to grow a tomato that will make Brentwood Hall self-sustaining.


2.  Turtledoves -- movie about a long-lasting relationship

 The Glenn Miller Story (1953) Biopic movie about bandleader Glenn Miller and his wife Helen.




3.  French Hens -- movie that takes place in France

 Monkeys, Go Home! (1967) A fun Disney film about an American (Dean Jones) who inherits an olive farm in France.


4.  Calling Birds -- movie where people talk on the phone

 The Barkleys of Broadway (1949) Josh Barkley (Fred Astaire) tries to help his wife, Dinah (Ginger Rogers), with her dramatic theater training, by calling her up on the phone, and pretending to be her drama instructor.


5.  Golden Rings -- movie with multiple romances

 Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) This is a classic Judy Garland movie, and it also features three different romances.


6.  Geese A-laying -- movie with a birth or that features babies

 Father's Little Dividend (1951) Stanley Bank's (Spencer Tracy) daughter has a baby, in this sequel to Father of the Bride.


7.  Swans A-swimming -- movie where someone goes swimming

 The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939) Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers go for a short swim while rescuing a dog, in this musical biopic film.

 8.  Maids A-milking -- movie with cows

 The Strongest Man in the World (1975)

 The kids at Medfield College experiment with different vitamins in food in an attempt to make a cow fatter and healthily, and accidentally create a strength formula.



 
9.  Ladies Dancing -- movie with a dance scene

  Candleshoe (1977)

   In one of my favorite scenes in the movie, David Niven and Helen Hayes do a short waltz



10.  Lords A-leaping -- movie about athletes

 I couldn't think of a movie about athletes, but The Greatest Game Ever Played (2005) is a really good sports film, based on the true story of golfer Francis Ouimet (Shia LaBeouf) in the 1913 U.S. Open.

 You don't need to like golf or know anything about it, to like this movie.


11.  Pipers Piping -- movie with someone playing a musical instrument

 Sun Valley Serenade (1941) The Glenn Miller Orchestra preform a lot of fun songs in this movie.


12.  Drummers Drumming -- movie with characters in the military

 Sergeant York (1941) True story of WWI hero Alvin York, played by Gary Cooper.


 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Oh, this is such fun!

    I haven't seen Tammy and the Bachelor in a coon's age, but I loved it so much when I was a teen. I used to sing her "Tammy" song all the time.

    The Glenn Miller Story made me such a June Allyson fan :-) (I was already a James Stewart fan when I first saw it...)

    Mmm, I love Meet Me in St. Louis! It was my daughters' favorite movie for a long time, but I never got tired of watching it with them.

    Sergeant York is such a powerful film, isn't it?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I love the range of films it makes one think about.

    I haven't seen The Glenn Miller Story, but it looks good! I'm down for anything Jimmy Stewart.

    Meet Me in St. Louis is one of my all time favorite movies that I've been watching for as long as I can remember. <3

    Candleshoe is such a sweet movie! I saw it ages ago and have been wanting to rewatch it ever since. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox