Against the Crowd Blogathon 2021

 I am doing the Against the Crowd Blogathon hosted by Dell on the Movies, for the first time ever.

 It is a blogathon where you write about a movie you hated that had a high rating according to Rotten Tomatoes; and a movie you loved that had a low rating. 

 The Princess Bride (1987)

 To be honest the first 15 to 20 minutes is pretty funny, but this movie is a hour and ten  minutes too long.

 The romance story is just dumb (like most of the movie), and not funny; and how was the torture scene even suppose to be funny?!

 I really don't understand why people like this movie so much.



   The Million Dollar Duck (1971)

 Of course after talking about how dumb The Princess Bride was I'm going to talk about how I like a movie about a duck that starts laying eggs with a golden yolk, after eating some strangely made applesauce and getting accidentally zapped by radiation. 

 I guess this movie is also kind of dumb, but it is the kind of  dumb that is funny.

 The Million Dollar Duck follows the Disney formula for classic Disney movies made in the 60s and 70s.

 *At least one car chase scene

 *A scene with somebody about to fall off a tall building.

 *A nonsensical plot

 I grew up watching this movie, and I think it's a lot of fun.



 

 






Comments

  1. So sorry I missed this post, Johanna. Thank you so much for participating. I'm adding your link to my finale post as soon as I finish typing this comment. As for your movies. I like, not love The Princess Bride, so I get where you're coming from. I haven't seen The Million Dollar Duck, I don't think. If I did, it was forty something years ago when I was a wee lad, lol. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, :) and you're welcome! It was fun. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not as enamored of The Princess Bride as some are but I liked it. I found parts of it very charming. Loved Mandy Patinkin and Wallace Shawn in their roles and the framing story with Fred Savage and Peter Falk was sweet. That said I never revisit it.

    I LOVE Million Dollar Duck!! It's goofy and ridiculous in the extreme but good-natured and harmless. Like so many Disney films of the period it is also loaded with familiar faces which is always something that makes me happy when I watch an older movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Million Dollar Duck is a great movie, :) and I love it when see actors I know from different roles in movies.

      Delete
  3. Nice post! While I've never seen 'The Million Dollar Duck', I have seen 'The Princess Bride'. I don't think the torture scene was ever meant to be funny, but I can see why it would turn you off from the movie. I also participated in this blogathon for the first time as well, so feel free to check out my post!

    https://18cinemalane.com/2021/09/11/twentieth-century-vs-queen-of-the-damned-at-the-against-the-crowd-blogathon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to check out your post. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)