The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox

 My favorite TV series Disney made was their historical fiction shows in the 50s and 60s.

 While Davey Crockett was probably their most famous historical show; Disney also made other shows such as; The Swamp Fox, Texas John Slaughter, and Elfego Baca.

 For this post I'm going to be talking about the two shows I'm most familiar with, "The Swamp Fox" and "The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca."

"The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca" (1958-1960)

 Based on the true story of Elfego Baca, (played by Robert Loggia), this series is one of my favorite westerns.

 The episodes were introduced by Walt Disney, and had a catchy theme song.

 The pilot episode tells the true story of when Elfego Baca held of eighty cowboys who fired 4,00 bullets in to the shack he was holding up in; and he wasn't even wounded.



 The series lasted for ten episodes, and most, if not all, of them can be found on YouTube. 


"The Swamp Fox" (1959-1961)


 Based on the true story story of Revolutionary War hero Francis Marion (played by Leslie Neilsen), "The Swamp Fox" is a really fun series.

 The series tells of how Francis Marion got his start as the swamp fox, and how him and his men conducted guerilla warfare against the British forces.


 The series lasted for eight episodes, and most, if not all, of them can be found on YouTube. 

 The episodes were also introduced by Walt Disney.

 I wrote this post for The 100 Years of Disney blogathon hosted by Silver Scenes.

 Click on the picture to get to the blogathon!

 DisneyBanner-ParentTrap


Comments

  1. Ah, this looks cool. I didn't know Disney did anything about the Swamp Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are two great shows! I have always enjoyed The Swamp Fox but a few years ago I saw Elfego Baca for the first time and fell in love with the character (and Robert Loggia's performance). I wish the studio would still make "heroic" shows like this for children. Thanks for spotlighting both of these for the blogathon!

    On a side note....congratulations on being one of the prize winners for our Disney giveaway! You can take your pick of any of the prizes except the Sleeping Beauty paperdolls (already claimed)...just drop us an email with your choice and we'll have your prize in the mail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's a pity they don't make more shows like this.

    I'm super excited about being a prize winner!! :) I'll email you my choice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks