The Bing Crosby Mack Sennett Shorts

 Between 1931 and 1933 Bing Crosby starred in six comedy short films for Mack Sennett. 

 The plots are all rather similar, but fun.

 *Bing loves a girl.

 *Her family doesn't like him, and try to get her to marry someone else.

 *The comedy is slapstick. 

 *At the end Bing usually has to sing to prove who he is. 

 *There usually is a car chase.

  These shorts are a lot of fun, and Bing sings some great songs in them.

 I Surrender Dear (1931)

Bing sings "I Surrender Dear,"
"Out of Nowhere,"
 and "At Your Command."
 Marion Sayers plays the girl he loves.


 One More Chance (1931)
 Bing sings a parody of "I Surrender Dear."
 Bing sings "Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams,"
"I'd Climb the Highest Mountain,
and "Just One More Chance."
 Patsy O'Leary plays the girl he loves.

 

 Dream House (1932)

 Bing sings When I Take My Sugar to Tea,"
and "Dream House."
 Ann Christy plays the girl he loves.

 Billboard Girl (1932)

 Bing sings "Were You Sincere?"
"For You,"
and a reprise of "For You."
Marjorie "Babe" Kane plays the girl he loves.

 Blue of the Night (1933)

 Bing sings "Auf Wiedersehen, My Dear,"
"Ev'ry Time My Heart Beats,"
and "Where the Blue of the Night (Meets the Gold of the Day)."
 Marjorie "Babe" Kane plays the girl he loves.

 Sing, Bing, Sing (1933)

 Bing sings "In My Hideaway,"
"Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea,"
"Loveable,"
and "Snuggled in Your Shoulder (Cuddle in Your Arms)."
 Florine McKinney plays the girl he loves.

 I wrote this post for the 1st Annual Bing and Bob Blogathon hosted by Hoofers and Honeys of the Classic Movie Era. https://knwiniarski.com/the-1st-annual-bing-and-bob-blogathon-is-here/?unapproved=1471&moderation-hash=5119fd711ff5d0da491508842acae587#comment-1471
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox