Legends of Western Cinema Week Tag Answers

   I am writing this post for the Legends of Western Cinema Week hosted by Along the Brandywine, Hamlette's Soliloquy, and Meanwhile in Rivendell.

 1) Western movies or western TV shows?

  I love both western movies and TV shows, but I guess I would probably have to say I prefer movies slightly over TV shows. 

 2) Funny westerns or dramatic westerns? 

  I guess I would have to say funny westerns, I do like some dramatic westerns, but I guess I tend to watch more of the comedy westerns or lighthearted westerns.


3) Westerns that focus on loners or westerns that focus on families? 

 I like both, westerns that focus on families, westerns that focus on loners; and the ones in-between, the one that doesn't focus on families, but they aren't what I would call a loner.

4) Male-centric westerns or female-centric westerns? 

 Male-centric westerns, I just don't think I've seen any female-centric westerns, except for the Annie Oakley show. (Which I did like.) 

 5) 1930s to 1960s westerns or 1970s to 2020s westerns? 

 Definitely 1930s to 1960s westerns, unless it's Disney. :)

6) Westerns that take place in America or westerns that take place internationally? 

  Mostly westerns that take place in America, but I also like some that take place in Mexico. 

7) Family-friendly westerns or edgier westerns? 

 Family-friendly westerns.

8) Straightforward good guy or conflicted hero? 

 For the most part the straightforward good guy, but on occasion I like the conflicted hero. 

9) Historically accurate westerns or westerns that aren't afraid to take some creative liberties? 

 I'm all about entertainment, I don't care how accurate they are.

10) Bittersweet or happily-ever-after endings?

 Happily-ever-after endings, only on rare occasion will I accept a bittersweet ending.

 

 

Comments

  1. What are some of your favorite funny westerns? I'm always interested in trying new ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975) and Hot Lead and Cold Feet (1978) are my favorite funny westerns.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks