Two Stars Who I Wish Had Made a Western

I am writing this post for the Legends of Western Cinema Week hosted by Along the Brandywine, Hamlette's Soliloquy, and Meanwhile in Rivendell.

 The following is a couple stars who *never made a western, but it would of been fun if they did.

 Fred Astaire  (*I know he made The Over-the-Hill Gang Rides Again in 1970, but I'm talking about a western from the 1930s or 1940s.)

Fred Astaire visiting Randolph Scott, Glenn Ford, and Guinn "Big Boy" Williams on the set of The Desperadoes (1943)

 It would of been so much fun to have Fred Astaire in a western. Fred could of been city guy, who's visiting out west, and doesn't know a thing about the west, but is acting like he does to impress a girl.

 A lighthearted comedy western with dancing and singing.

 

David Niven 

 David Niven would of been another star I would of loved to see in a western.

 He could've played an English man who's just inherited a ranch out in the American west.

 A lighthearted comedy western.


 


Comments

  1. Johanna, how about Cary Grant in a Western?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about Cary Grant in a western. That would of been fun.

      Delete
    2. I've read where Gary Cooper was originally chosen to portray Tom Dunson in Howard Hawks' RED RIVER(filmed 1946, released 1948), but refused the role because of the character's ruthlessness. John Wayne got the part. Also, Cary Grant turned down the role of gun man/cattle drover Cherry Valance, ultimately played in a reduced part by John Ireland.

      Delete
    3. Cool! I always think it's neat to learn about the actors that were originally chosen to do the role.

      Delete
  2. I know you are talking about movies, but if you haven't seen them, David Niven (as a member of Four Star Productions) guest starred on some episodes of Zane Grey Theatre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me!

      Delete
  3. Haha! These would have been super fun, you're right :-D

    I've discovered that I will only take an interest in an actor or actress if I can imagine them in a western. Even if they've never made one, I have to be able to imagine them in one in order to like them and want to see more of their movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I've always liked imagining different actors in westerns. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954)

The Nine Lives of Elfego Baca and The Swamp Fox

My Ten Favorite Disney Movie Soundtracks